Categories

Tags

oracle+rational

Home Forums General oracle+rational

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Admin Admin 13 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Admin
    Admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

My name is Lino Giuseppe and Im a Italian Studente of Bari. Im doing my thesis and i need help, any kind of help. Im study “test automation”, so I
    must test a application in Form builder with the Rational Robot(this is a tool to test the application), but i find some problem.

The problem with the priority are:

1.- Cell non edit and not navigable, has not been recognized by the robot.
    2.- A cell that are the total of two or more cell (so sum, average, ect) is impossibile to control that the result is ok.
    3.- I cant read the message in the pop-up windows.
    4.- I cant read (always from Rational robot) the message in the status bar, so in the message line and command line.

I read a lot of manual but the information that i need is very dificult to find becuase i need to know how, for instance, work the status bar at the base, how pass the messagge!!

I use Form Builder 6i patch 13.

If you have any information i thanks to you.

Lino Giuseppe

Profile photo of pkaluski
    pkaluski
    Participant

Hi Lino,
    I am not experienced with Rational Robot, but I am currently exploring the topic of automated GUI testing.
    Here some basic information, which you may already know, but if you dont, they may help.

Almost each basic graphical object in Windows is a registered system object. If you have access to Microsoft Development Studio, run Spy++. You will see a tree. Right click on any of the branch. If there is a “highlight” position in the pop-up menu – choose it. It will highliht the right object. Try to run spy with Forms. See if it helps.

As for windows internals, read Petzold “Programming Windows”, first few chapters about windows basics.

Also have a look at source code (in C) of Win32::GuiTest perl module. It will also give you some insight how to deal with windows GUI objects. If you are more familiar with perl, install it on your machine and experiment. There is a yahoo group devoted to this module perlguitest. There are some pretty valuable posts there.

Then go to Robot and check if it offers a possibility of reading objects of the specified id

General warning: Windows and tools like Rational, QARun make promisses that life with them is easy. And they appear to be easy on the first glance. But if you want to do anything that is not foreseen by one of their Wizards (which is ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS the case when you do some serious work) life becomes difficult. It is not my intention to scare you. Just be prepared that getting from Windows what you really want is not that easy as Microsoft is promosing.

I hope I did not scare you and I hope my post will help you. Good luck.

-Piotr

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New User?

Register
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!