Categories

Tags

functional testing

Home Forums General functional testing

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Admin Admin 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Admin
    Admin
    Keymaster

if any one asks me to tell something about functional testing in an interview wat i should answer.
    please let me know.

Profile photo of clickme
    clickme
    Participant

Turned away from qaforums by any chance?

Use google?

Profile photo of fire
    fire
    Participant

Functional testing is as the name implies testing the functionality of a component.
    This definition becomes useful when one is aware of other testing strategies so that we can chose the right strategy for cases at hand.

Others are
    – Unit testing
    – Regression testing
    – Stress testing
    – Smoke testing etc.

All these dont really test the functionality.

Profile photo of clickme
    clickme
    Participant

OK youve drawn me into it.

Apologies my original comment was flippant but the issue remains that as more and more people start asking for answers to interview questions and people start posting their answers, the information starts to become useless.

See the qaforums for numerous debates on this matter. There are so many people posting different answers and theories the good responses get lost.

For example in this reponse you say
    [i:jsq7nadt]Regression testing…[b:jsq7nadt]these dont really test the functionality [/b:jsq7nadt][/i:jsq7nadt]
    yet in your other post you say
    [i:jsq7nadt]Regression: After a change to code, testing the affected components to [b:jsq7nadt]see if old functionality is still working[/b:jsq7nadt]. . [/i:jsq7nadt]

Doesnt this just confuse the matter?

However, after saying all that is this particular forum not for opensource testing tool discussion?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New User?

Register
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!