Categories

Tags

Tools for GUI testing

Home Forums General Tools for GUI testing

This topic contains 12 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Admin Admin 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Admin
    Admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

Are there any open source tools that can be used for GUI testing ?

tia,
    Udayan

Profile photo of markab
    markab
    Participant

Hi Udayan,

Well the short answer is Yes ;)

I think you should provide some more detaield information about the application you want to test and the types of tests you would like to run, any commercial tools you have looked at already and what features you liked, and so on. If you provide some detailed information, someone with knowledge of your specific needs may then be able to provide a suitable answer.

All the best,
    Mark

Profile photo of usr
    usr
    Participant

Hi ,

I want to test Applications that have UI interface which can have Windows / Web /Java UI.

Now one of the available proprietary s/w is QTP.

https://h10078.www1.hp.com/cda/hpms/dis … 4000_100__

Thanks for your views..

Udayan

Profile photo of usr
    usr
    Participant

Hi All,

Any Open Source tool that can be used for Automation testing of GUI, that you know of .. kindly let me know..

tia
    Udayan

Profile photo of egavaldo
    egavaldo
    Participant

Well… there are a lot of free tools to test lot of things with UIs ;)

I tried to gather all the major tools (free and commercial are distinguished) here: http://www.xqual.com/qa/tools.html

Try to have a look at the one that fit the best your requirements…
    Cheers

egavaldo
    Participant

…for writing the tests themselves, I personally like very much AutoIt (Free and is appropriate to test native AND web applications). Of course I use my own product (XStudio – free too) for the test management side…

Profile photo of UweHolst
    UweHolst
    Participant

Im actually looking in XStudio. Is there a launcher for QTP Scripts available?

Regards – UweHolst

egavaldo
    Participant

Hi Uwe,
    No. Unfortunately, I did not have a chance to play with QTP (too expensive!) so I have no idea about how to run a QTP test.

However, it is generally VERY simple to write an XStudio launcher !

Do you know well Java ? If yes, then you can develop it by yourself using the SDK provided. I can support you in this task if you wish. I already developed ~10 different launchers and each time it was actually only a few hours (debugging included). If QTP provides a command line to execute 1 single test case then it will be less than 50 lines of code.

Let me know if you want to give a try. Again, I offer you my support (via skype) on this. Im very interested because the whole community will be able to benefit from your launcher at the end…

Cheers,
    Eg\*

Profile photo of UweHolst
    UweHolst
    Participant

Sorry for the delay. I do know exactly nothing about java and that stuff :-) We do have QTP (for different rreasons we HAVE to use it) and Quality Center is too expensive for us. It is possible to run QTP Script remote by using a tool called Test Batch Runner. It is shipped with QTP and is able to run various scripts at once. Unfortunaley it writes the results to the standard result path in XML format. At the moment I have no idea how to use this with XStudio.

Do you have an example of the launcher (autoit, ahk, ranorex….?). I think I can find a java person in my company :-)

Thanks – Uwe

egavaldo
    Participant

Hi Uwe,
    Yes, sure ! Please give your email address and I will send you an example of launcher that uses command line batch to run a test…
    Cheers,
    Eg\*

Profile photo of storniai
    storniai
    Participant

Hi,

This might come too late, but I know a tool for GUI testing that is very simple to install and use – Selenium.

http://selenium.openqa.org/

It is installed as an add-on to Firefox. Therefore, is is suitable only for applications that are used with a browser. With Selenium, one can record and playback i.e. automate the operations that are done againts the GUI.

rgds,
    Sami

Profile photo of norlyng
    norlyng
    Participant

I have used Selenium, but due to the fact that I have to hadle requirements and so on, I Use Bromine!
    This is at openqa.org as well!

Profile photo of saurabhgupta
    saurabhgupta
    Participant

Hi, since this thread mentioned some web UI testing tools, I thought of asking if anyone would know of a good open source .net functional testing tool?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank You

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New User?

Register
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!