Categories

Tags

Tool for creation of test procedures and guidance of testing

Home Forums General Tool for creation of test procedures and guidance of testing

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Admin Admin 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Admin
    Admin
    Keymaster

Im looking for something that ought to be easy to find but I cant find it. I need a software tool (preferably open source or freeware – or at least low cost) that will enable me to create test and diagnostic procedures for doing go-nogo tests on a system, and if the go-nogo test fails, doing further tests to pin down the cause of the fault. The tests themselves are currently manual, so the software simply needs to prompt the user with the next test to carry out, and then to offer him a set of radio buttons for the possible outcomes, with possibly some numeric boxes for entry of some readings (e.g. from a measuring instrument). It then needs to prompt him with the next test to perform, or (if this is the end of the procedure) to give its diagnosis. Im not at this stage looking for automatic generation of test procedures, complex inference engines, probabalistic calculations, or the ability to capture human knowledge. The systems under test are relatively straightforward microprocessor driven electronic systems – they are not moon rockets or the human body.

What software can you recommend for this application?

Thanks – Rowan

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New User?

Register
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!