Categories

Tags

Test Managment Tool

Home Forums General Test Managment Tool

This topic contains 9 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Admin Admin 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Admin
    Admin
    Keymaster

Hi
    I am looking for a test managment tool (prefer opensource but non expensive tools will be considered) that will give me the abillity to monitor all testing actions during development life cycle processes.
    The tool should have:
    1. A module to manage requirments
    2. A module to plan Tests
    3. A way to connect between the tests (in the plan module) to automatic tests(usually bach files or perl scripts)
    4. A module of bug managment
    5. The tool should give us the abillity to connect between a req to test and between a test to a bug.

I know i might asking alot but if you guys familiar with such a tool, ill be happy to hear about it.

Profile photo of traq
    traq
    Participant

One OpenSoure Test Management tool worth serious consideration is QaTraq. QaTraq will provide you with….
    [list:1cd4m26m]- full test case, test script and test plan version control
    – requirements traceability (as of qatraq_6_4_beta)
    – integration with web based defect tracking tools
    – html editing capabilities (including Test Plans)
    – graphical reporting capabilities (to be released later today)[/list:u:1cd4m26m]
    More information can be found on our web site at http://www.testmanagement.com. In particular if you would like to see how QaTraq can help you gain control of your testing check out our Introduction to QaTraq articles ….
    [list:1cd4m26m][url:1cd4m26m]http://www.testmanagement.com/articles.html[/url:1cd4m26m][/list:u:1cd4m26m]
    Regards

Bill Echlin
    QaTraq Team
    http://www.testmanagement.com

Profile photo of Admin
    Admin
    Keymaster

Another OpenSoure Test Management tool is Salome TMF.
    Salome TMF is a Test Management Framework written in Java which provides :

1. A module to manage requirments -> a requirements plugin is provided with Salom? TMF
    2. A module to plan Tests -> you can organise your test in the Test Plan view
    3. A way to connect between the tests (in the plan module) to automatic tests(usually bach files or perl scripts) -> you can create test campaigns by importing test from Test Plan. Each campaign can be executed with manual tests and/or automatic tests.
    4. A module of bug managment -> mantis and bugzilla plugin are provided with Salom? TMF
    5. The tool should give us the abillity to connect between a req to test and between a test to a bug. ->
    – You can link a requirement to one or more tests, you can link a test to one or more requirements
    – You can associate one or more bugs to tests
    – You can view the requirements coverage
    – You can generate tests from requirements which are automatically linked to test.

Other features :
    – Import/Export project (XML) and generation of reports with graphics (HTML)
    – Execute automatic tests (plugins : Beanshell, Junit, Abbot)

Salom? TMF is under GPL license and you can dowload it and find more informations here : https://wiki.objectweb.org/salome-tmf/

Regards,

Jean-Marie Hallou?t (Salom? TMF contributor)

Profile photo of Admin
    Admin
    Keymaster

I am interested in tool which can help in test cases creation
    1. It should be able to display diagrams
    2. it should allow selecting some flow (selecting apprpriate blocks)
    3. It should generate stepsbasing on the selected flow

Please help me :) its very important

Profile photo of Admin
    Admin
    Keymaster

I am interested in tool which can help in test cases creation
    1. It should be able to display diagrams
    2. it should allow selecting some flow (selecting apprpriate blocks)
    3. It should generate stepsbasing on the selected flow

Please help me :) its very important

Profile photo of janrao74
    janrao74
    Participant
    Profile photo of april_123456
    april_123456
    Participant

According to your request, TD(test director) is goog choice, we are using it, it is easy to use and learn.

Profile photo of stsbabu
    stsbabu
    Participant

After several market survey, we found the Test Link, seems to be the best OpenSource Test Management tool that tightly integrates with the Open Source Defect Tracking Tool, Bugzilla.

Profile photo of ananthakumarans
    ananthakumarans
    Participant

Hi Max,

Did you find an answer for your query? What did you choose finally & did that tool satisfied ur need?

I am having a similar requirement like you. Your feedbacks would be helpful.

Thanks
    Ananth

Profile photo of Crekever
    Crekever
    Participant

[quote:3lrr7kw9]I am interested in tool which can help in test cases creation 1. It should be able to display diagrams 2. it should allow selecting some flow (selecting apprpriate blocks) 3. It should generate stepsbasing on the selected flow Please help me its very important[/quote:3lrr7kw9]

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New User?

Register
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!