Categories

Tags

Recommendations

Home Forums General Recommendations

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Admin Admin 13 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Admin
    Admin
    Keymaster

I am currently looking into sourcing an open-source Bug Tracking system and was wondering if anyone on here had any recommendations or horror stories to tell…

I would also appreciate it if people could also let me know how easy they are to setup and what else is required (OS, type of Db etc).

Cheers

PS. Nice one Mark ;)

Profile photo of A.Beijleveld
    A.Beijleveld
    Participant

Hello we have installed and used bugtrack.
    I believe it is not on this page by now.

Please add it:
    http://www.agstools.com/bugtrack/

We installed it on Win XP, With My SQL, Apache and Perl.

After some sweating, almost quiting, we were able to install it. We created a document with screenprints and all to install the Bugtrack (and MySQL, Apache and Perl). With this document we can do the installation in less then an hour. The document is in Spanish, I am translating it now to send it to the Bugtrack team. But when u want to receive the spanish version just mail me.

Bugtrack is an simple but good tool for bugs. It has all the basic functions (I believe that the more options u add the less efficient it becomes) and is stable. In the latest version it is also possible to add attachments, which is very easy.

Profile photo of Admin
    Admin
    Keymaster

We use Scarab : http://scarab.tigris.org

It helps us monitor all the issues (defects, enhancements, tasks and even deliveries) related to the core product of our company.

We are very very satisfied with it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New User?

Register
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!