Categories

Tags

Performance testing of app made with Oracle Forms?

Home Forums General Performance testing of app made with Oracle Forms?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Admin Admin 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Admin
    Admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

I have to do performance tests on an application made with Oracle Forms.
    Thing is, I have no budget for LoadRunner or Robot, so Im afraid only OpenSTA is an option. However is it possible to test Oracle Forms with OpenSTA.

A Google search didnt turn up much, some say it can be done, but I tried recording a simple script and after playback I have no extra record in my database.

Thanks for the help.

PS is JMeter maybe a possibility?

Profile photo of Admin
    Admin
    Keymaster

From a load generation standpoint, it is almost irrelevant what technologies your server is using. The only thing you really care about is the method of communication between client and server, as you will need to simulate many clients using your load test tool of choice. OpenSTA does HTTP (and SSL) only, so if you are testing a web application, it will work perfectly, since HTTP is the protocol you are interested in. JMeter would also work in that case (although OpenSTA is much more scalable).

-Corey

Profile photo of kmoorman
    kmoorman
    Participant

We have an application that has a Oracle Forms front end, but uses XML to communicate between the client and server.

Is there a tool out there to help us perform User Load testing on this?

cheers

Kieron.

Profile photo of eranw
    eranw
    Participant

WebLOAD provide Oracle Forms testing. you can get more details on http://www.radview.com

Although it is commercial it is not as expensive as LR.
    Eran

Profile photo of kmoorman
    kmoorman
    Participant

Thanks for that… Ill investigate.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New User?

Register
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!