Categories

Tags

Performance Testing Tool

Home Forums General Performance Testing Tool

This topic contains 6 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Admin Admin 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Admin
    Admin
    Keymaster

am searching for Freeware tools which can be used for Performance Testing of Web applications developed in Site Core (i.e. .net). Any one of you can help me on this.

Profile photo of imran.ahsan
    imran.ahsan
    Participant

You can use Apache Jmeter for your application.
    If you have any special difficulty in using Jmeter, pl. let me know.

Regards,
    Imran

Profile photo of mourya2175
    mourya2175
    Participant

Hi …i need more info on JMeter…i am using JMeter..how to use it as a datadriven…i mean readign data from excel sheet?

Profile photo of vbergmann
    vbergmann
    Participant

Another good load generator is Grinder. While JMeter is basically GUI-based, the Grinder is (Python-)script-based and has just a GUI for distribution the run over different machines and starting/stopping load generation.

AFAIK there is no direct Excel file support in JMeter, but at least CSV, which can be exported from Excel. See http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/userma … Set_Config

For the definition of test data or synthesization of production data, I wrote Benerator, which is (among many other things) able to import Excel files and provide its data to other applications, but itself has no web app invocation functionality. So you would need to combine it programmatically with another tool.

JMeter gives you the fastest result by clicking together what you need, but functionality is limited. With Grinder you have more control at the price of having to write client code, but you can easily plug in with Java tools like POI or Benerator for accessing data from Excel files.

Regards,
    Volker

JMeter out-of-box is capable of reading CSV files via simple config element called [url=http://community.blazemeter.com/knowledgebase/articles/65138-using-csv-data-set-config:21f98bs1]CSV Data Set Config[/url:21f98bs1] If your data comes in form of XLS or XLSX file you can use BeanShell sampler altogether with Apache POI libraries to read data from binary Excel files. For beginner JMeter is simplier than Grinder, however both tools are Java-based and can be extended to read Excel.

Profile photo of sekhar
    sekhar
    Participant

Hii,
    I am fresher in Software Testing, Recently i joined CresTech Software Systems as a Software Tester.
    Performance testing is known as testing performed to know how a system performs in terms of responsiveness and stability under a particular workload or assign work time. But i have a big doubt in soak testing and spike testing.

Can any one help me.. please explain..

Thanks
    Sekhar

Profile photo of crestech
    crestech
    Participant

Hi,
    I have just completed my mca. I got a job in software testing company. They have assigned me a project on Mobile Application Performance Testing. I need a help in it. Can anyone help me out.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New User?

Register
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!