Categories

Tags

Open Source/Free Test Plan Management Software

Home Forums General Open Source/Free Test Plan Management Software

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Admin Admin 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Admin
    Admin
    Keymaster

My company is currently creating test plans as Excel documents. We include the title of the document (what web application this test document is for), our apps version/build number, who the tester is and date of test. Then we create several test cases, one per row, which describe a specific test.

Were looking to move on from Excel, and find some software or web solution which would allow our team of developers to create new test documents, entering the information about the test plan and each test case using custom fields ("Test ID", "Test Name", "Description", "Preconditions", "Expected Results", "Test Result", and so on and so forth which are currently some of the headers of the columns in our Excel document) and enter the appropriate info. We would need to be able to enter several hundred test cases (which correspond to each row of our current Excel document) (for example, a test case may be to test to see if a specific button works as it should). After someone has entered the information and created this test plan, we would like to allow other developers on other machines to be able to access these test plans.

We are looking for an open-source/free solution, and if none exist then I guess well have to resort to developing our own. We do not want/need an automated test solution, as our testers will simply look through the test plan created, go through the test cases, one by one, conducting the tests manually.

We are also using Oracle as our data back-end.

Thanks for any help you can give us!

Profile photo of srs
    srs
    Participant

So far, Ive come across Testopia, a test case management extension for Bugzilla (both from Mozilla). May do the trick but Id like to know if there is any other recommendations out there!

Profile photo of juliaR
    juliaR
    Participant

Hi,

I think what you are looking for is something like [url=http://www.squashtest.org/index.php/en/tools-features/squash-tm:e24tlrbx]Squash TM[/url:e24tlrbx], [url=http://wiki.ow2.org/salome-tmf/:e24tlrbx]Salome TMF[/url:e24tlrbx] or [url=http://www.teamst.org/:e24tlrbx]TestLink[/url:e24tlrbx].
    I know Squash TM allow to import Test Case in excel format (not sure but seems to be the same format as yours … )

Have fun ;)

juliaR

Profile photo of TMichel
    TMichel
    Participant

Hello,

Squash TM is an open source tool intuitive. For managing bug, it interfaces with Mantis and Jira soon.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New User?

Register
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!