Categories

Tags

New to Testing Tools any ideas???

Home Forums General New to Testing Tools any ideas???

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Admin Admin 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Admin
    Admin
    Keymaster

I test a very large and complex multi channel retail and distribution system and Im looking at using automated test tools to help improve the quality of testing as well as hopefully being able to extend the scope of testing i.e regression testing when we have made changes to the system. Ive had a look around on the web and there are just so many tools to choose from.

Does any one have any experience implementing automated test tools on this type of system im looking in particular at the sales order entry through to invoicing and the warehousing side of things.

The system is developed in VB.

Thanks

Profile photo of caridon
    caridon
    Participant

for testing interfaces SOAP,HTML,DB ect. i would recomend Jmeter.
    It is wery simple to get started with
    Supports complecs interactions betwen tests
    Can be used for regression,load and stability testing.

The only faults are lack of verification against normal files.

Profile photo of eranw
    eranw
    Participant

I would try using WebLOAD at http://www.webload.org. it is based on JavaScript language script and easiy to use but very powerful tool.
    Eran

Profile photo of campes
    campes
    Participant

There is a new tool for performance monitoring in java apps. Its very easy to use, almost like JUnit.

The is called Lobo.
    Take a look at [url:30gvv39q]http://www.oncast.com.br/dev/lobo/index_en.htm[/url:30gvv39q].

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New User?

Register
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!