Categories

Tags

Need help testing ASP/MSSQL App

Home Forums General Need help testing ASP/MSSQL App

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Admin Admin 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Admin
    Admin
    Keymaster

Id like to get some input on the best (read most mature technically and effective) tool to use to test a pure ASP (not ASP.NET) web application with MSSQL as the database backend. We would like to do both Acceptance testing (versus requirements) and developer (regression or unit) testing. Unfortunately porting to ASP.NET or .NET is not an option with our time-frame, but we would like to thoroughly test this product before it goes live.

So what are your reccomendations? My reading thusfar has pointed me to WATir or WATij for Acceptance testing, but Id like to hear some user pros/cons. I havent really found anything that can help with ASP regression testing yet (Id love to port to .NET and use NUnit, but time constraints preclude this).

Thanks,
    Josh

Profile photo of arunshu
    arunshu
    Participant

Sounds good if u migrate to .NET so many good tools will help u

Try evaluating ANTS LOAD

cheers,
    arun

Profile photo of Admin
    Admin
    Keymaster

If Watir attracks you and you are a microsoft shop (as ASP and MSSql do suggest) you might want to check out WatiN, its a port of Watir to the .Net platform.

http://watin.sourceforge.net

Regards,

Jeroen

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New User?

Register
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!