Categories

Tags

Experience wanted

Home Forums General Experience wanted

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Admin Admin 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Admin
    Admin
    Keymaster

Hi folks, my background is 30 years in IT. However, waterfall, big specs, COBOL, manual testing etc. is where I come from. Im learning VB6, VB.NET, ASP.NET at present – great fun. I now work for a small company where my experience, analysis, design and testing skills are still useful. However, we want to be agile. Weve taken the first tentative steps, but theyre small. Yours truly is the ScrumMaster. Essentially Im wading my way through book after book. I understand all about user stories (which having written huge specs for years, I like) and structuring code in a way that its easier to test (programmers not very enthusiastic – yet). What I really lack is the experience to choose a set of testing tools for both unit testing and functional testing (Quadrant 1 and Quadrant 2 testing). We currently operate in a VB6 environment, but will be moving to VB.NET. SQL Server is also our usual database. Any feedback on your experiences positive or negative would be appreciated. Im looking for a good plan to automate testing using a set of free tools. We have very little browser stuff at present, its mostly desktop applications. So come on all you young pretenders, tell the old guy how it should be done. Current reading is Agile Testing by Lisa Crispin and Janet Gregory, but I just dont have the time to perform evaluations on whats out there.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New User?

Register
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!