Categories

Tags

Automated testing tool for Website

Home Forums General Automated testing tool for Website

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Admin Admin 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Admin
    Admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

I am new to automated testing arena, so please bear with me. I need to automate regular functional testing and also regression testing.

Its a website which takes a series of answers from the user and calculates a price at the end of it.

The combinations to test are stored in an Excel sheet. The features I am looking for is

1. To write scripts that are based on answer combinations that we have built
    2. Run through the website with the answers specified – some questions appear only when certain answers are picked. All of them are drop-down boxes.
    3. Compare or record the results.

I dont mind using one or more combination tools to do these steps – like generating scripts using one tool and using another tool to run the scripts.

Is there any such tools on the market and any opensource tools? I have looked at Selenium, but not sure if that will fit the bill.

Thanks in advance.

Profile photo of sureshkesani
    sureshkesani
    Participant

Hi
    You can try SeleniumRC or Watir.Learning curve for Watir is very less compare to selenium.If you want to test other than IE and Firefox Browsers then go for Selenium.But Selenium is undisputed leader.[/b]

Profile photo of ia97lies
    ia97lies
    Participant

Try httest, it is scriptable without GUI. httest do also hava a htproxy tool, to record the traffic.

http://htt.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/cwiki/bin/public

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New User?

Register
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!