Categories

Tags

Automated Testing Tool for a windows GUI application

Home Forums General Automated Testing Tool for a windows GUI application

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Admin Admin 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Admin
    Admin
    Keymaster

Looking for a opensource automated testing tool for a windows GUI application build in C++.

More specifically i would like to know the tool which can automatically generate the test script for the GUI and its easy to use and also the most importanat thing is it should be opensource.

Can anybody suggest some good tools as there are many tools available in the market and it tend to be more confusing.

Thanks
    Aashay

Profile photo of Admin
    Admin
    Keymaster

I would really like to have a tool, where I can run GUI tests on a software, that is unfortunately running with MFC and Qt!
    For a software that uses only Qt I think [i:1vvzsbk7]squish[/i:1vvzsbk7] from [url=http://www.froglogic.com/:1vvzsbk7]froglogic[/url:1vvzsbk7] seems to be the best pay solution. But as long as we do use MFCs it is useless for me.

I would really like to have a freeware tool. If it would meet the following requirements I would be happy:

* freeware / opensource

* non-intursive tool (script is running on a remote host and provides the code for clients in a network)

* platform independent (running on a Linux server and provides code for Windows applications)

* capture & replay tool (that not all code has to be written manually)

* code language: javascript, python, perl …

If anybody has a tool in mind, please let us know!

Cheers!

Profile photo of Admin
    Admin
    Keymaster

Ive been impressed with the open source tool called Jameleon. Im new to it and trying to learn more about it. Its a Java test engine using XML tags which can be scripted to make test cases for different types of applications. There are 5 current plug-in types for applications: a JUnit plug-in for white box testing, an HttpUnit plug-in for browser emulation, a jWebUnit basic plug-in, a Jiffie plug-in driving Internet Explorer on Windows, and a Jagacy (3270) plug-in for mainframes. Other plug-ins can be written.
    I like that it can be used to generate the test case documentation within the test script. Usually the test steps for the test case is defined in one place and the test script is defined separately, which allows them to quickly get out of sync with each other. With Jameleon they are combined together.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New User?

Register
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!