Categories

Tags

Any tool for Penetration Testing Websites written in PHP ?

Home Forums General Any tool for Penetration Testing Websites written in PHP ?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Admin Admin 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Admin
    Admin
    Keymaster

Im an IT professional with no experience of real testing at all (intranet web developer background). Ive recently started a business creating CMS websites and online shops for small businesses. The sites we build are based on open source software such as Joomla! and osCommerce. Both are written in PHP with MySQL database at the back end.

Im looking for open source penetration testing software. I would like it to alert me of any vunerabilities in the website code which would allow unauthorised access to the backend database. Id also like it to test for unauthorised access to change anything in the file system.

I originally didnt think of open source and narrowed my search to Watchfires AppScan. Gorgeous piece of software but I nearly fell off my chair when I found out how much it is. Yikes :shock:

Ive browsed through the tools>security section of this website but am at a bit of a loss because of the testing terminology. Could anyone please make a suggestion as to what I could try ? Im running tests from Windows laptop on Linux hosted, PHP based websites.

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions,
    Nina

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New User?

Register
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!