Categories

Tags

Advice for an end-to-end E-Mail automated testing tool ?

Home Forums General Advice for an end-to-end E-Mail automated testing tool ?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Admin Admin 11 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Admin
    Admin
    Keymaster

Good morning everybody,

The service I have to test is an application that provides capability to collect messages from external mailboxes (so IMPA4/POP3 are used by the sub-system in charge of this external mailboxes aggregation).

And in the other end of my architecture, another component is in charge of inserting X-headers in order to send (thanks to SMTP protocol) the e-mail with a specific format to another block which will push the e-mail into the MMS format to a mobile device.

The goal is to automate first all the tests aimed at checking that e-mail sent to a mailbox are at the end sent to the mobile device (with some specific extreme features about the object, attachments, length of the message…). Because at the moment it is quite manual. A tester has to connect by telnet to a server, then he has to launch a perl script to create a subscriber of the service, then to check by logging on the website that his mailbox has been well created, then he has to send an testing e-mail and to check in the mailbox that it has been well redirected and eventually he has to check the receipt on the mobile phone that he got the mail pushed…

I dont know at all which kind of testing tools I have to look for (support of mail protocols?) ? I would be very grateful if somebody could give me any advice.

Dont hesitate to give me your point of view about a possible automated testing tool, any idea from anybody will be useful for me.

Regards,

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New User?

Register
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!