Categories

Tags

Reply To: Open Source Replacement for Mercury Test Director

Home Forums General Open Source Replacement for Mercury Test Director Reply To: Open Source Replacement for Mercury Test Director

Profile photo of Admin
Admin
Keymaster

Hi,

I passed throught this situation like you. Today the best options are RTH and TestLink (search for both at http://www.opensourcetesting.org). I prefer rth(is more like TestDirector), but you may be correct some eventual bugs and improve some reports (both have all you need). Rth have test reqs, test case and defect control (all you need like TD).

I am Mercury certified too.

Thanks,

Leonardo Molinari

[quote="abidxxx":17xflza4]We use test director for all our testing, which involves testing of legacy and web applications. For the legacy applications it is mainly utilised as a bug tracker, for the web applications there is a little more automation and repeated tests happening. However, we find test director sometimes quirky and the licenses are becoming an issue now which means the cost is rising.

Can anyone suggest an opensource tool that can replace Test Director or a combination of tools that can provide the same or better functionality.

apologies if this is in the wrong forum.[/quote:17xflza4]

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!